FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where is So Comfy Designs?
- In a home studio, in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada! Follow So Comfy Designs on Instagram to see more of this lovely city, and the studio, from the So Comfy perspective.
Why is it such a long time between ordering and receiving the bags? Does it really take you four weeks to make one?
- No, it sure doesn't take four weeks for me to make each bag! But, each order is handmade and your four weeks starts the minute you pay for your order. So Comfy bags are made to last, and tried and tested methods of sewing and riveting are applied to every order. The main reason for the 4-6 week waiting period is that one maker is managing several orders at a time, and they're all for top customers (that's right, YOU!) so to do it right, it takes time. You'll be glad that you waited when you get your beautiful, customized bag. (Oh, and FYI, it takes about 2 full hours from start to finish to make each bag.)
Where does the leather come from?
- So Comfy Designs is an eco-fashion brand; whenever an upcycled material is a usable option, it's the road taken. Since the very first bag rolled out in 2013, every single bit of leather has been 100% upcycled. Most often thrift store leather jackets are used, but over the years there have been couches stripped and many friends of So Comfy who donate their unused leather jackets to be given another life. Those jackets have served their purpose, but have a lot more to give. Scraps are managed and used up in creative ways, such as product labels, coin purses, and even hangtag strings. It's important to honour materials that already exist, so linings are upcycled sheets (that have been thoroughly cleaned).
Can you make a custom bag from my leather jacket?
- Better than anyone I know! But seriously, yes. Custom orders have always been important to So Comfy Designs. Wether it's your unused jacket, or one that belonged to a really important person in your life, bags can be custom created to your specification. Options to include specialized fabric are always on the table, but most often the bags include the original jacket lining and zippers when they are in great shape. Prices are based on the time it takes for each job, and materials used. Since it's your leather jacket, you provide some of the materials, but studio time and sewing supplies are always added in. Expect a 4-6 week production period as well. BTW, jackets can be mailed (at your expense) and shipped back. Contact for more information.
What's the Designer Warrantee?
- Each bag is handmade to your custom specification using high quality materials, expert construction, and hours of design and testing. Heart and soul, blood sweat and tears (gross) but, honestly so much goes into the bags that the designer stands behind them. Whether it be a small seam tear, zipper problems, or rapid wear (like, you know what I mean - these bags should look good for a long time and wear well) Please contact if you have a repair or warranty question.
Do you do shows? I'd love to see these bags in person before I buy.
- Ok, I'm a total homebody. I love online orders and work best in my home studio. However, there's a few events that I make a point to be a part of, and will update the Events page as soon as they are confirmed. You can be sure that you'll hear about it first on So Comfy's Facebook page, so please follow! While you're there, be sure to check out the many reviews from happy customers. Hopefully that will answer a lot of your questions about the quality of the bags. I understand it can be difficult to purchase without the benefit of touch, but if you're unhappy with your purchase you are able to return your bag (as long as it's unused and has it's tags attached) for a full refund.
Returns Policy & Designer Warranty
You may return most new, unopened items within 14 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.). NOTE: returns are not accepted on custom orders, however, happy and satisfied customers are always a priority and should an issue arise with a custom order, every effort will be made to reach mutual satisfaction.
You should expect to receive your refund within 14 days of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (2-4 business days). This doesn't include the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, please Contact Us with your order number and details about the product you would like to return. We will respond quickly with instructions for how to return items from your order.
When you buy from So Comfy Designs, you're giving me the chance to do something I love. This shows in my work and reflects on how I conduct business. So if you experience a problem with your bag and it's parts and pieces, I want to fix it for you for free. Simply contact me via email, or Facebook and I'd be happy to make arrangements to repair your bag.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and there is a possibility that some products cannot be shipped to international destinations. Please contact if you have any questions or concerns.
Purchases are shipped via Canada Post, and reach most Canadian and American major cities/towns within 5-10 business days, often sooner. Please note that if you are shipping to a rural area, these times may be longer. A tracking number is available for every shipped order. To obtain, please contact So Comfy Designs.
If you're local to Sarnia, Ontario, pick up arrangements are easy. Either at my home studio, or a select retail location. Be sure to use the code LOCAL at the checkout to have the $16 shipping charge removed and please provide a phone number or email address for me to contact you when your bag is ready for pick up.